WhatsApp has provided a feature that allows us to open WhatsApp on a PC through web browsers like Mozilla or Google Chrome. Currently opening WhatsApp on PC is almost the same as when we use it on smartphones because its features have increased.
In this article I will try to give a little guidance on how to run the WhatsApp application on the computer and give an idea of what we can do because not all available features in the smartphone version can be used.
Another alternative for those of you who want to run the WhatsApp application on the computer then you can try installing WhatsApp for PC .
Before proceeding, please note that this article is made to access WA from a PC or laptop, it still depends on the WhatsApp application on the smartphone so that when you use it from your PC, your cellphone is still active in the data plan.
How to open WhatsApp on PC or Laptop
- First, make sure your phone is connected to the internet and that the WhatsApp application is installed .
- Open the https://web.whatsapp.com/ page from your favorite web browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla and Opera from your computer and then on your smartphone open the Settings menu – WhatsApp Web .
- Then on HP select Menu – WhatsApp Web and, scan the QR code using your cellphone by holding the camera closer to the PC monitor screen.
- Wait until the scan is complete and the WhatsApp application appears on the PC screen, like the picture below.
While accessing the PC, make sure your cellphone is always ON or on, because at this time WhatsApp Web still depends on the application on the smartphone, meaning that if the phone is not ON or there is no internet access then the PC will be disconnected
Advantages of Running WhatsApp on PC
- The screen display is larger according to the size of the PC screen that we use so that when doing the chat it is certainly more comfortable.
- Typing is easier because it uses a PC keyboard.
- Can send images directly from a PC.
What are the drawbacks?
- Currently it still depends on HP which means that when we turn off the cellphone, the WhatsApp Web on the computer will be disconnected.
- Waste internet quota, because the messages we send and receive will also go to the cellphone.
- The feature is still limited to sending, receiving, deleting messages and changing profile photos and statuses. So if we want to block contact then (currently) can only be done from the cellphone.
How to exit or log out WhatsApp Web?
If you have finished doing the conversation to make it safer, especially if accessing from a public PC such as an internet cafe or office computer, you should exit WhatsApp Web before you leave, which can be done in the following ways:
- Directly from the computer, select the menu to the right of your profile photo and select Log Out .
- From the WhatsApp Android application , open the Menu – select WhatsApp Web then select Log out from all computers.
That is a little description of how to run the WhatsApp application from PC, hopefully it will be useful and next time I will discuss in more detail how to use it, including to send pictures, change profiles, status updates and delete conversations.
If there are still those who are unclear or have tips about accessing WhatsApp on a computer, please share here, thank you for visiting.